What determines how long we live? You are required to perform a simple coursework代写 analysis in order to answer this question by estimating the relationship between Life expectancy at birth and some of its determinants.
In specific, this is the question you will address: ‘Is a linear regression model suitable for estimating the relationship between Life expectancy at birth and the explanatory variables?’
There are various ways of examining the usefulness of a linear regression model. Here are some ideas which you may find useful.
- Checking the values of R2 and adjusted R2
- Performing F-tests to examine the suitability of the model
- Performing t-tests to check whether each of the components has any significant
effect (in the presence of other components) on the Life Expectancy value
- Using dataset to obtain a point prediction of the Life expectancy value for an
additional country (outside of the 20-country dataset you have prepared) and then comparing the predicted value with the respective observed Life Expectancy value
- Using dataset to obtain a confidence interval for the Life expectancy value for an additional country (outside of the 20-country dataset you have prepared) and checking whether or not the actual value lies within this interval
You must use Stata to perform all statistical analysis and submit the dataset as a Stata file.
You should present all your written work in a Word (or similar text editor) document. Copy and paste onto the Word document screenshots of statistical output produced by Stata. The write-up should include definitions of key terminology, brief discussions of underlying theory and an overall conclusion. Do not write anything that is not based on the numeric analysis you have performed. There is no need to prove any theory you may use. Do not write the commands you have to give to Stata in order to perform the analysis.
You must submit electronic copies of all your work t